We all have our bad habits. They can be anything from smoking to drinking, but bad habits are formed based off something that is missing in our lives. The key is to find out what your bad habit is and for the next few weeks commit to kicking it… or replace it with a good one.
Ways to Stay on Track
Write down each day how you feel about living without your habit. This way once you’ve reached your targeted goal, you can reflect back on your success.
Follow the Three R’s of Habit Change
Charles Duhigg, author of best-selling book The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Businessprovides advice on how to change and stick with a new habit. The 3 R’s of Habit Change:
- Remind (identifying what triggers the behavior)
- Routine (the action you take towards the behavior)
- Reward (the gain you receive from doing the behavior)
Uncommon Habits You Can Change
Ordering junk food online. Seamless is great when in a pinch but with ease comes sacrifice. Most times you never really get to taste the true flavor of what you’ve order due to the containers, traveling time and possible reheating. Change the habit: As an alternative, cooking at home is always a cost efficient way of doing things, or treat you and a partner to having a chef whip up a meal inside your home. Eat in Chef is a NYC-based personal chef startup building lasting relationships and memories for its chefs and food-lovers alike. Whether for a casual dinner after a long day at work, date night, or wanting a nutritional makeover, Eat In Chef gives food-lovers full access to professional chefs from any electronic device, for any occasion. Their hand-selected chefs will receive your request, pick up fresh ingredients, and cook an unforgettable meal in your kitchen.
Taking the Elevator – It is easy and at times necessary when you have a lot to carry. Other than that, you should try taking the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. Change the habit: Climbing the stairs burns more calories than a traditional walk, and can increase your chances to achieve weight loss. Doctors recommend stair climbing as an ideal way to improve your energy, increase the function of your immune system and lower your risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and heart disease. Keep track your steps and calories burn with a rugged fitness tracker, like this Nabu Watch. Traditional with most smart watch functions (notifications for texts, calls, emails, and alerts from your smartphone) but extremely durable enough to keep up with you during any type of training regimen.
Not Getting Enough Vitamins – While many adults may have every intention of eating a healthy diet with foods high in minerals, vitamins and key nutrients, most don’t get enough. 90% of Americans fall short of the recommended levels of key essential nutrients needed for bodies to function in good health. Whether it’s lack of knowledge, time or desire, the diets of even the most health- conscience are often nutritionally incomplete. We need a proper multi vitamin to fill in some of the missing parts. Change the Habit: The California-based, ShakleeCorporation has created a breakthrough advanced multivitamin for complete nutrition. The Shaklee Life Strip is a daily dose of vitamins, minerals and more in one portable, comprehensive system. The culmination of years of research and quality testing, every Life Strip delivers:
- New Vivix® Liquigels for cellular health and healthy aging. Developed by using the muscadine grape – one of nature’s most concentrated sources of bioactive polyphenols, this triple-patented blend of a broad spectrum of polyphenols with key ingredients has been shown in laboratory studies to protect and repair DNA and combat free radicals.
- OmegaGuard® Plus for heart and brain health. One gram of pure, ultra-concentrated DHA/EPA omega-3 fatty acids sustainably sourced from wild Alaskan Pollock and combined with heart-healthy CoQ10 and vitamin E in an enteric-coated softgel to eliminate fishy aftertaste.
- Advanced Multivitamin for complete nutrition and bone & joint health. Dissolves in less than 30 minutes in the stomach and is designed to enhance absorption of folic acid from the patented microcoating.
- Sustained release B+C Complex for immune health and energy. Shown in a clinical study to provide up to three times greater absorption of B vitamins over 12 hours.
Habits can be formed and broken, all it takes is self-awareness and the drive to do so. It is not easy but going at it one day at a time, will bring you steps closer towards a better you.
– See more at: http://mvp.menshealth.com/post/the-power-of-habit-1453754811/#sthash.Vu0bmSjA.dpuf